Kew Fete - Health and Safety Requirements
- Kew Fete takes place on Kew Green. The ground is not level and may be damp and slippery.
- There is no shelter except for stalls provided within the Craft Marquee, so stallholders must take precautions to protect themselves and their stalls and produce against the weather: eg, by bringing suitable clothing, tarpaulins, suncream etc.
- All stalls must fit completely within the booked area, and cause no obstruction to surrounding pitches and paths.
- All gazebos must be weighted and/or staked to prevent movement in high winds.
- Each stallholder is responsible for bringing enough staff to set up and break down the stall, tidy rubbish and collect and return trestle tables if booked.
- If any staff or volunteers on a stall are classed as a vulnerable person, e.g. under 18, disabled, pregnant, etc. the stallholder is responsible for appropriate Health & Safety provision.
- If there is anything on a stall which may potentially cause harm to others, e.g. a source of heat, sharp objects, machinery etc, then appropriate precautions must be taken.
Please also download and read: