Kew Fete 2018 - Terms & Conditions
1. Insurance: each stallholder must hold, and provide evidence of, £5,000,000 public liability insurance (covering participation in this event).
2. Stallholders may only sell the goods that have been agreed by the Kew Fete Committee and that are listed on the booking form.
3. If too many stallholders apply to sell similar products, priority will be given to locally based stall holders, subject to quality standards.
4. The Kew Fete Committee reserves the right to refuse admission to or participation in the Fete. The Committee reserves the right to reject any proposed entry or to cancel an entry without being required to give a reason. In such cases any fees submitted will be refunded minus an administrative fee to cover our costs..
5. The location of stalls will be determined by the Kew Fete Committee whose decision is final. Every endeavour will be made to meet the general wishes of stallholders with regard to position, without causing unfairness to others.
6. If you have requested a trestle table this will be provided at a drop-off point on Kew Green. Tables must remain in the stall space for the duration of the Fete and be returned to the drop-off point at the close of the Fete.
7. Stallholders are expected to supply all their other equipment including gazebo, chairs, protection from rain, sun etc.
8. Refreshments can be purchased from the Food Area, and toilets are available on the Green.
9. Stalls must be set up and ready for trading by 11am and manned throughout the day until 6pm.
10. Stallholders are not permitted to close down or pack up during the Fete open hours (11 am - 6pm).
11. Stallholders must keep their stalls and surrounding area clean and tidy and must sort, bag and tie their rubbish at the end of the day, in accordance with recycling instructions issued with their Fete pack.
12. Stallholders are allowed vehicular access to their stall area to unload from 9am to 10:30am on 23rd June 2018. All vehicles must be removed from the green by l0:30am.
13. No parking is provided on site, and no vehicles will be permitted on the Fete site during open hours (11 am - 6pm).
14. Stall holders' vehicles can not be re-admitted to their stall area for loading until after 6:15pm.
15. The Kew Fete Committee, their agents and anyone associated with the organisation of the Fete shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to merchandise or personal property or for injury to any person caused by the day's activities, the weather or any other reason or cause. Money and valuables should be kept out of sight and secured.
16. There will be no refund of fees in case of bad weather or for any other reason.
17. Stallholders whose trade, profession or practice is regulated in any way (licensed, certified or otherwise regulated) must provide evidence of compliance with such regulations.
18. We strongly advise stallholders to have their own insurance to cover personal accidents etc.
19. Charities must provide proof of charitable status.
20. Stall holders intending to sell food and/or beverages for consumption on site must hold, and provide evidence of £5 million public liability insurance (covering participation in this event).
21. Stallholders must provide evidence of compliance with current Health and Safety and hygiene requirements.
22. Stallholders selling or otherwise offering alcoholic beverage for sale, gift or prize must hold, and provide evidence of £5 million public liability insurance (covering participation in this event).
23. Stallholders selling or otherwise offering alcoholic beverage for sale, gift or prize must obtain a TENS (Temporary Event Notice) from Richmond Council (a copy of which must be provided to the Kew Fete Committee).
24. Once your booking andpayment has been accepted and received, if you have to cancel your booking we will refund 50% of your fee up to 1st April 2018. After 1 st April 2018 no refunds can be given under any circumstances.
25. Please note that Kew Village is a "plastic bag free zone" - please try to help us by using paper or recycled bags on your stalls.
26. Organisers of the event cannot be held responsible if the Fete is cancelled before or on the day for any reason.